Classroom resources index
Explore best practice in special needs teaching by browsing our resource collections, all created and recommended by SEN teachers and SENCOs.
Developing Motor Skills
- Help your students improve their gross, fine and oral motor skills with this useful selection of ideas and activities.
- A diverse group of resources, all with activities and ideas linked to the Paralympic Games.
- A selection of strategies and ideas to help your students improve their spelling.
- Easy-to-use guidance and activities linked to workstation use and TEACCH.
- A diverse selection of resources looking at raising awareness of deaf pupils and how they can be supported within the classroom.
- A special selection of resources to support the teaching of pupils with autism across different age ranges and settings.
Inspiring reluctant writers
- A whole lot of ideas to get you and your pupils inspired! Includes ideas for visual literacy, using web tools and so much more!
Spring has sprung
- Lots of seasonal resources and ideas, covering a number of areas of SEN and different age groups, that might be useful in your classroom!
Music magic with makaton
- A selection of videos with supporting sign language that encourage participation in a fun but structured way.
Getting to grips with money
- A collection of highly rated resources that support this important life skill: from developing simple coin recognition to beginning to manage money appropriately.
Essential information: P scales
- Great SEN based guidance and ideas to support planning and assessment across a number of subjects.
Make maths count
- A handy selection of maths resources, from P-Scales to interactive items to use in your classroom.
Symbol based activities and resources
- A set of symbol based ideas, including a mixture of Widgit and PCS symbols.
Sign language for your classroom
- A selection of resources that can help develop a sign language friendly environment. From videos offering advice to great printables - it’s all here!
Let’s get cooking
- Lots of recipes, plans and other useful items that will support cookery in the SEN classroom through the use of symbols, photos and step by step approaches.
- A selection of items designed to help you undertake multisensory activities and approaches within your classroom.
Symbol support for your classroom
- Symbols are useful across many classroom areas including communication, organisation and managing behaviour. Here’s a selection to get you started!
Visual timetable resources
- A super selection of different visual timetable resources: with symbols, photographs, clip art and illustrations.
Supporting learning through technology
- Making use of assistive technology and web resources has always been important in settings where pupils might need extra support.
Autism Spectrum resources
- This collection of resources offers information for teaching professionals, along with advice and strategies to aid inclusion of ASD pupils.
Moderate learning difficulties resources
- The category of MLD is wide ranging. These resources can be used in a variety of contexts.
- These resources give clear visual support to pupils, often incorporating PCS, Widgit or sign language symbols.
Working with pupils with BESD
- This collection covers a range of teacher needs, and offers support for helping pupils with EBD to make steady progress.
Special needs teaching resources
- Show newest for...
- Twinkl Handwriting
- Twinkl Originals
- Early Years
- Key Stage 1
- Key Stage 2
- ESL/TEFL Resources
- Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Twinkl Move
- Home Education
- Twinkl Go
- Adult Education
- Scotland (CfE)
- Republic of Ireland
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- مواد تعليمية عربية
- South Africa/Suid-Afrika
- América Latina y el Caribe
- Middle East
- Coming Soon
- Age 0-5
- Age 5-7
- Age 7-11
- Age 11-18