Dear Mr. Sheffield
I am responding to your family’s advertisement for a housekeeper and know I would make a good choice. I have five years of housekeeping experience and have good references. I am discrete and provide all cleaning services efficiently and well.
In my current position I complete cleaning of floors bedrooms counter tops walls bathrooms kitchens and I do laundry. My work also involves dropping off and picking up clothing for dry cleaning. I use only nontoxic organic cleaning supplies that are hypoallergenic to prevent allergic reactions.
I am willing and able to answer the house telephone and take messages while you are away. I normally prepare some meals in advance so they are ready for families to eat when they arrive home at the end of the day. My employers provide menus and grocery shopping lists which I complete with trips to various stores.
I am a great housekeeper and I am loyal to my employers and their families. I would really like to meet you and your family personally so we can jointly decide whether I am a good fit. I have enclosed my references and resume and look forward to a call to schedule an interview date and time.
Housekeeper Cover Letter
Housekeeper cover letter example that gets you the interview. Demonstrate that you have the practical skills to do the job and highlight the strengths that employers look for in a housekeeper including reliability, honesty and attention to detail.
Energy, willingness and commitment are strong selling points for this type of job.
Make sure your cover letter quickly convinces the employer of your suitability for the housekeeper position.
Housekeeper Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mrs Gill Mansel
Human Resources Manager
Granger Road, Murray, UT 84107
Dear Mrs Mansel
I am responding with enthusiasm to your job posting for a housekeeper. A hard working and energetic employee, I am experienced in all aspects of general housekeeping and deep cleaning and take pride in providing a clean, sanitary and aesthetically pleasing environment. I have enclosed my resume for your consideration.
Some key strengths that you may find relevant include:
- Proficient at operating modern cleaning equipment.
- In-depth working knowledge of chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Proven reputation for paying close attention to detail and demonstrating strong customer service skills.
- Able to closely follow instructions, strictly adhere to safety and hygiene standards and work with minimal supervision.
- Verifiable history as a reliable and honest employee with a professional attitude.
I believe I have the skills that you are looking for in a housekeeper and I would appreciate a personal meeting to discuss your position further. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your time.
Get help with writing your housekeeping cover letter with these comprehensive housekeeper job descriptions.
A full list of housekeeper duties in different working environments.
Tips for Housekeeper Cover Letters
- Housekeepers often have to do shift work including weekends and public holidays. Demonstrate your flexibility and commitment to fulfilling your work schedule in your cover letter.
- Entry-level housekeeping job candidates should focus on their ability and willingness to learn new tasks and on the competencies relevant to all housekeeping jobs including reliability, integrity, enthusiasm, strong work ethic and customer service.
- A keen attention to detail is what separates good housekeepers from average housekeepers. Your commitment to be the best at what you do and your willingness to go the extra mile will ensure you get the job.
Cover Letters that Work
Resume Building Tips
Housekeeper Job Interviews
> Cover Letters > Housekeeper Cover Letter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page